newbie question about 2.6 ia64 linux-gate etc

From: Raj Patil <rpatil0299_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2004-10-26 00:57:25
Hello,

I am looking for some basic info on how the linux-gate.so is used and how it
gets mapped to the process address space in 2.6 ia64 and how all the system
call
function names gets included here? (I have access to SuSE 9.0, based on
2.6.5-7.97)

Can some please point/direct  me to some doc/notes, if it exists or write
few lines to
give some basic information information about these?

Thank you very much and really appreciate info.

Regards,
Raj