ptrace problem in 2.6.9

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-10-23 03:05:57
Hi Roland,

I have some problems with the recent modifications to the
Ptrace infrastructure in 2.6.9 release. Basically I have
the smiple test program attached to this E-mail and it
hangs in 2.6.9 but not in 2.6.9-rc4. Somehow the first
waitpid() does not return. It is not clear to me why.
Is there something Ineed to change in the call itself?
I am running all of this on a 2-way IA-64 machine with
2.6.9. I have not tried on x86.

I would appreciate your thoughts on this.

Thanks.

--
-Stephane