Re: [RFC] Convert pgtable cache to slab

From: William Lee Irwin III <wli_at_holomorphy.com>
Date: 2004-10-14 20:27:42
At some point in the comment, I wrote:
William> Nice! I got reports that it would not be beneficial when I
William> thought about going over this earlier. I suppose it's a
William> small vindication of my methods to see the original
William> objection contradicted here. =)

On Thu, Oct 14, 2004 at 12:44:59AM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> What was the original comment relative to?  2.4 or 2.6?  In 2.6 we
> lost the PTE quick-list, which I think is where the big overhead came
> from.  Right, Martin?

I don't recall much of the original comment, apart from that someone
said it had too much overhead. I may have presumed too much when I
presumed it was 2.6

-- wli