Re: RFC - freeing up ar.k5

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-10-02 07:35:28
Tony Luck wrote:

> Still not sure where to take this.  One suggestion I did get was to use
> this as a proof of concept that ar.k5 could be freed up if some super
> wonderful application for a ar.k register comes along, so it's ok to use
> our last completely free register (ar.k3) for the INIT/MCA code.

So which way should I go?

I could build on the current ia64_mca_tlb_info structure and avoid
the cpu reg issue, or use ar.k3 for the INIT/MCA code.

At this point I'm just interested in make some forward progress, so
either way is fine.

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com