RE: rename generic_defconfig to defconfig?

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-09-23 09:25:23
>I'm pretty sure CONFIG_VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP isn't needed either.
>Also, which
>device drivers did you have to tweak?  Should those changes
>also go into
>generic_defconfig?

Tigers with more than 2G of memory have a hole in the physical
address space (from 2G to 4G) reserved for memory mapped I/O.
So VIRTUAL_MEM_MAP (or I suppose DISCONTIG) is needed to avoid
wasting memory on page structs for non-existant memory.

The device driver bits are changing 'M' to 'Y' on devices. Like
Bjorn I'm too lazy to mess with modules on every build.

-Tony