RE: [Patch] Per CPU MCA/INIT data save areas

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-09-17 05:51:02
>Given that the MCA/INIT paths are (by definition) not hot paths,
>and that CPU regs are a scarce resource, I think there are better
>places to burn a CPU reg on.
>
>Adding a pointer (or two) to the ia64_mca_tlb_info structure would
>give the necessary functionality.

I did wonder about using ar.k3 when the TLB error recovery code
was being written, but I figured that David wouldn't give up the
last of the unused kregs for such an obscure and rare usage.

But Keith does have a good point about possibly reclaiming
ar.k5 by replacing it with a percpu variable.

-Tony