Re: BUG: 2.6.8/2.6.9 register corruption with PTRACE_SYSCALL

From: Peter Chubb <peterc_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2004-09-16 12:03:24
>>>>> "Stephane" == Stephane Eranian <eranian@hpl.hp.com> writes:

Stephane> To all, David and I have tracked down a very nasty bug in
Stephane> the 2.6.8 and higher versions of the Linux/ia64 kernel. The
Stephane> bug turned out to be due to the compiler. Here is the
Stephane> description of the problem.

Thanksyou thankyou thankyou.... this also fixes a very similar problem
on ARM.
--
Dr Peter Chubb  http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au  peterc AT gelato.unsw.edu.au
The technical we do immediately,  the political takes *forever*