Re: Uncached memory allocator for ia64.

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-09-15 21:14:16

  Robin> That is exactly what it does, but I was wondering if there are other
  Robin> examples of drivers that do this.  If not, I would still like to
  Robin> push for doing the minimum necessary to keep from designing something
  Robin> that has no users.

There certainly have been requests for that in the past.  I think one
such request came from someone building cluster interconnects.  Also,
on some platforms it is helpful to map the AGP memory via
write-combine, though we fixed that particular issue for ia64 by
requiring write-back mapping support.