Re: Latest Altix I/O code reorganization code

From: Christoph Hellwig <hch_at_infradead.org>
Date: 2004-08-28 01:21:27
On Fri, Aug 27, 2004 at 10:14:23AM -0500, Patrick Gefre wrote:

> Patch 1 of 26
>
> This patch is too large for email see:
>
> ftp://oss.sgi.com/projects/sn2/sn2-update/001-kill-files

Stoop again.  This absolutely does not look like a change after which the
tree build, right?  After how many of the patches do we get a useable
kernel for SN2?  Please split your changes into LOGICAL steps, e.g.

 - dma mapping rework
 - usage of SAL interfaces
 - hwgrpah removal
 - renaming of files without code changes
 - addition of new hardware support
 - etc..

everything else is simply not reviewable. (and the above is intentionally
an order which I think would make sense)