RE: [ia64 R&D] CONFIG_IA64_MCA

From: Luck, Tony <tony.luck_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-08-04 02:43:23
Jesse Barnes wrote:
>On Tuesday, August 3, 2004 6:45 am, Sourav Sen wrote:
>> Sorry to dig thigs up from the past, but when I apply
>> this against 2.6.6 and pass the nomca flag, I get MCA in
>> the boot path on sx1000 based systems of HP.
>
>Yeah, I think Ken pointed this out shortly after I posted the
>patch.  I thought a fixed version made its way into the tree?  Tony?

I don't see any traces of it in the tree.

I think that the old version of the patch doesn't work with
the current tree because just skipping ia64_mca_init() won't
work now.  You'd still call mca_late_init() which would do
a few bad things not realizing that ia64_mca_init() hadn't
been called to prepare stuff.

-Tony