Re: cacheble to uncachble change

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-04-28 08:45:48

  Mario> I guess the question wasn't so much about attribute aliasing
  Mario> but killing all intransit memory accesses and prefetch before
  Mario> its safe to change the TLB attribute to uncacheble, with
  Mario> assurance that all new mem refs/prefetch will come from
  Mario> memory. I appreciate all your inputs.

Yes, but that's the _easy_ part, so to speak.

To be honest, I would appreciate if you could outline your strategy to
avoid memory-attribute aliasing.  If only because it would give me a
warm-and-fuzzy feeling... ;-)

If this isn't something you're comfortable discussing on a public
list, a private mail would still be appreciated.

Thanks,