RE: cacheble to uncachble change

From: Jim Hull <jim.hull_at_hp.com>
Date: 2004-04-27 07:24:58
In addition to what David wrote, which I completely agree with, you also need to
be aware that it is platform dependent whether any particular address range
supports cacheable, uncacheable, or both attributes.  System firmware
communicates to the OS which attributes are allowed for which address ranges.
I'm not familiar with how ia64-linux exposes this info within the kernel (maybe
David could fill you in).

 -- Jim
    HP Itanium Processor Architect