RE: [patch 1/3] efivars driver update and move

From: Tolentino, Matthew E <matthew.e.tolentino_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-04-23 03:14:05
> I like these changes.

Thanks!

> I did notice that the new drivers/.../efivars.c is not identical to
> the old arch/ia64/kernel/efivars.c (the hints to emacs were removed).
> I like the emacs hint removal, but didn't review patch for any other
> differences.

Right, it's been fully converted to sysfs.  Just for reference, the
resultant sysfs tree looks something like:

/sys |
     |-firmware
	       |-efi
		   |-systab
		   |-vars
			 |- BootNext-xxxx-xxx-x-x-x-x *
				|-attributes
				|-data
				|-guid
				|-raw_var
				|-size
			 |- BootCurrent-xxxxxx-x-x-x-x *
			 |- ConOut-xxxx-x-x-x-x-x-x-*
			 |- del_var
			 |- new_var

where xxxx-x-x-x-x-x is the GUID.

> Any plans to consolidate other bits from efi.c?  There are a number
> of things there that look like they could be shared:

Yes, I plan to consolidate as much of the common code as possible soon.

matt