Re: Problems with the linuxia64.org domain

From: Matt Domsch <Matt_Domsch_at_dell.com>
Date: 2004-04-20 05:20:11
On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 05:22:05PM -0500, Matt Domsch wrote:
> On Thu, Apr 15, 2004 at 03:18:47PM -0600, n0ano@n0ano.com wrote:
> > > Have you asked how much they might want to get it back?
> > Haven't even thought of pursuing that yet.
>
> I sent email to the admin@speededge.com address asking

I got a mail from the admin address:

From: "Admin" <admin@speededge.com>
Subject: RE: linuxia64.org domain registration
Date: Fri, 16 Apr 2004 07:07:05 -0500

Hello Matt,

Thank you for your inquiry into the Domain Name
linuxia64.org. We did not acquire this domain name for the
purpose of selling the domain name.  However, at your request,
we will appraise the value of linuxia64.org.  This appraisal will
take five business days.

If the previous domain name owners would like to make an offer
for linuxia64.org, please reply to this Email message with that offer.
Otherwise, we will contact you when the linuxia64.org appraisal is
complete.

Best Regards,
Wayne

We'll see what they come back with...   It's not clear *why* they did
purchase the name, except to grab additional traffic.
-Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Sr. Software Engineer, Lead Engineer