Re: hugetlb demand paging patch part [2/3]

From: Ray Bryant <raybry_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-04-17 05:05:13
David,

Is there a big user demand for copy-on-write support for hugetlb pages?
I can understand the rationale for making hugetlb pages behave more like user
pages, and fixing the problem that hugetlb pages are shared across fork via
MAP_SHARE semantics regardless of whether the user requests MAP_PRIVATE or
not, but it just doesn't strike me as something that anyone who uses hugetlb
pages would actually want.

Of course, YRMV (your requirements may vary).  :-)

--
Best Regards,
Ray