Problems with the linuxia64.org domain

From: <n0ano_at_n0ano.com>
Date: 2004-04-16 02:54:28
Well, it looks like the problems with the ` linuxia64.org ' domain
just became severe and I have to apologize to all, most of the
blame is my fault.

To recap, originally, VA Software was hosting `linuxia64.org'
and dealing with all of the details associated with the domain
name itself.  When VA changed their product focus (and laid me off
in the process) they still provided hosting for `linuxia64.org'.

A couple of months ago VA moved their computer center and in the process
somehow lost the DNS entry for `linuxia64.org'.  When Matthew Wilcox
pointed this out I contacted VA and asked them to fix this.  My
understanding was that they were working on the problem and it would
be fixed soon.

Imagine my surprise when I checked today and discovered that, although
a DNS entry for `linuxia64.org' is back, it doesn't point to VA.
It looks like VA let the registration lapse and some company called
Speed Edge Technologies has hijacked our domain.

I've attached the email I just sent to VA trying to find out what
happened but I don't know that there's much we can do about it now.
My guess is that the best we can do is register a new name and try
and find a more reliable host for it.

Again I apologize, it's my fault.  I was guilty of misplaced loyalty
to a former employer and a hope that people would do their job.  Looks
like I was wrong.

--
Don Dugger
n0ano@n0ano.com