RE: Questions on the stack for IA64

From: Rahul Chaturvedi <justanotheraliasforrahul_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 2004-04-14 15:34:32
>   Rahul> Does the compiler ever touch this backing
> store?
>
> Not directly.

Another question on this, who allocates the memory for
the backing store? What if the RSE runs out of memory
there?

http://www.intel.com/design/itanium/downloads/245358.htm

> It specifies that up to 8 registers are used for
> argument passing.

Oh okay. I'll read the rest of the guide before I ask
more stupid questions on this :)

> There are also some fine books that might help you
> get started. ;-)

Books are expensive (especially in India) :( Processor
manuals and mailing lists are free :)