newbie question regarding alloc instruction

From: Raj Patil <rpatil0299_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2004-04-13 06:03:15
Hello,

I have a basic question about alloc instruction. I apologise if it  is too
basic. BUt,
I could not find the info in the docs I looked at...

Are there any restrictions in using alloc  instruction more than once in a
function?
(I see that some of the kernel functions do use more than once)
If not, do I need to worry about setting/unsetting the CFM etc or will it be
taken care by setting/resetting ar.pfs in the block.  (According to one of
the
manuals CFM can not bet set manually.)

Thanks for any pointers/info.

Regards,