Re: HUGETLB commit handling.

From: Ray Bryant <raybry_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-04-09 03:23:00
Andi,

Yes, that is the plan we are heading for.  However, to make things simpler and
follow the "subnit a patch that does one thing" rule, we will likely do two
patches, one to add hugetlb commit handling, and a second one to add lazy
allocation for i386 and IA64.

The other problem we are wrestling with is how to do the ia386 and ia64 lazy
allocation code without breaking the architectures that haven't yet switched
to lazy allocation.  There will probbaly be some

#define ARCH_USES_HUGETLB_PREFAULT

nonsense added to deal with the latter, if needed.

Then, further down the road, we'd like to get the common code across
architectures moved up from arch/mm to mm.

--
Best Regards,
Ray