RE: [Linux-ia64] elilo-3.0 PXE mode fix

From: Li, Jack <jack.li_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-04-03 10:07:10
Brett Johnson <mailto:brett@fc.hp.com> wrote on Saturday, April 03, 2004
7:48 AM:

> On Fri, 2004-04-02 at 16:30, Li, Jack wrote:
>> I don't have access to the DHCP server. I can only configure the PXE
>> server which is full under my control. I don't think the
>> dhcpd-pxe.conf can be used for the RedHat PXE server (pxe-0.1-36).
>> Right?
>
> No, the config files are quite different.  I don't know if the pxe
> server will boot an ia64 machine, since I've never tried it.
> Googleing
> around, I found a sample pxe config in the mandrake docs, which
> actually
> has the token "IA64EFI" in it.  I have no clue what the token means,
> but
> it has all the right letters :o)
>
>   http://clic.mandrakesoft.com/documentation/pxe/ch03.html
>
> Cheers!

I've tried that before. It is a different PXE implementation other than
the one in RedHat. Anyway, thanks you all. :)

Best regards
Jack

Senior SW Engineer, Intel Corporation.
Intel China Software Lab.
Tel: 021-52574545 ext. 1306
iNet: 8-752-1306

Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent Intel
Corporation