RE: [Linux-ia64] elilo-3.0 PXE mode fix

From: Li, Jack <jack.li_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-04-03 07:19:38
Stephane Eranian <mailto:eranian@hpl.hp.com> wrote on Saturday, April
03, 2004 1:08 AM:

> Jack,
>
> On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:06:34PM +0800, Li, Jack wrote:
>>
>> I am also trying to setup PXE for IA64. Could you send a copy of your
>> pxe.conf file to me? And the boot strap you are using?  Thanks.
>>
> I suggest you use elilo-3.4 instead of 3.0. The package contains an
> example of the dcph/pxe setup I used to test this. The problem was
> that the ISC DHCPD needed some extensions to support PXE/Ia64. Those
> extensions were added by Intel but I don't know if they ever made it
> into the official ISC DHCPD server, you'd have to check.
>
> Anyway, in the elilo-3.4 package, go to examples/netboot. You'll
> find a PXE config file.
>
> Hope this helps.
>
> PS: Brett Johnson is the new maintainer of the package and he has
> setup
> a SourceForge web for elilo: http://elilo.sf.net

Thank you. But I am using the PXE of a RedHat 9.0. So do you know if
this PXE server can support IA64? Do you have a sample pxe.conf for the
PXE server?

Senior SW Engineer, Intel Corporation.
Intel China Software Lab.
Tel: 021-52574545 ext. 1306
iNet: 8-752-1306

Opinions expressed are those of the author and do not represent Intel
Corporation