Re: [Linux-ia64] elilo-3.0 PXE mode fix

From: Stephane Eranian <eranian_at_hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-04-03 03:07:48
Jack,

On Fri, Apr 02, 2004 at 03:06:34PM +0800, Li, Jack wrote:

> I am also trying to setup PXE for IA64. Could you send a copy of your
> pxe.conf file to me? And the boot strap you are using?  Thanks.

I suggest you use elilo-3.4 instead of 3.0. The package contains an
example of the dcph/pxe setup I used to test this. The problem was
that the ISC DHCPD needed some extensions to support PXE/Ia64. Those
extensions were added by Intel but I don't know if they ever made it
into the official ISC DHCPD server, you'd have to check.

Anyway, in the elilo-3.4 package, go to examples/netboot. You'll
find a PXE config file.

Hope this helps.

PS: Brett Johnson is the new maintainer of the package and he has setup
a SourceForge web for elilo: http://elilo.sf.net

--

-Stephane