Re: Migrate pages from a ccNUMA node to another - patch

From: Zoltan Menyhart <Zoltan.Menyhart_AT_bull.net_at_nospam.org>
Date: 2004-03-30 21:39:20
Dave Hansen wrote:

> Have you considered any common ground your patch might share with the
> people doing memory hotplug?
>
>         http://people.valinux.co.jp/~iwamoto/mh.html
>
> They have a similar problem to your migration that occurs when a user
> wants to remove a whole or partial NUMA node.
> lhms-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Comparing my stuff to their work, I just do some small performance enhancements:

- I do not modify a single line on the existing VM paths - if my stuff has no
  improvement for you, then yo will not be obliged to pay any overhead
- I do not insist on :-)) ... that would block the execution of the application
  while the resources are not available
- I handle only the simplest case: private anonymous pages (...a singe PTE...)

- IWAMOTO Toshihiro provides a complete "fool proof" solution with obligation to
  cussed in the migration

> Is your code something that you'd like to see go into the mainline 2.6
> or 2.7 kernel?

Since someone is asking...

Thanks,

Zoltán