Re: Migrate pages from a ccNUMA node to another - patch

From: IWAMOTO Toshihiro <iwamoto_at_valinux.co.jp>
Date: 2004-03-30 18:27:41
Hi Zoltan,

At Fri, 26 Mar 2004 09:20:46 -0800,
Dave Hansen wrote:

> Have you considered any common ground your patch might share with the
> people doing memory hotplug?
>
> 	http://people.valinux.co.jp/~iwamoto/mh.html
>
> They have a similar problem to your migration that occurs when a user
> wants to remove a whole or partial NUMA node.
> lhms-devel@lists.sourceforge.net

Processes must be migrated to other nodes when a node is being
removed.  Conversely, processes may be migrated from other nodes when
a node is added.  I'm not familiar with NUMA things, and I think our
team doesn't have a particular solution.  If you have some idea,
that's great.

BTW, it seems page migration can use my remap_onepage function.  Our
code can move most kinds of pages including hugetlbfs pages and page
caches.

--
IWAMOTO Toshihiro