Abnormal behaviour towards "INIT" interrupt management

From: Francois Wellenreiter <Francois.Wellenreiter_at_Ext.Bull.Net>
Date: 2004-03-30 17:02:24
			Hi,

	I've already sent this mail, but receiving no feedback, I try again
(sorry for people who don't feel concerned by that stuff).
I'd like to report what I estimate a potential bug in the INIT
management (at the present time I don't know exactly what the origin of
this problem is).

Testing the "dump" button on a 4-way Itanium-2 machine equipped with a
SAL 3.0, I've noticed a not-inline with SAL specifications behaviour.
Indeed, in the "ia64_mca_init" function (in arch/ia64/kernel/mca.c file)
we register the functions "ia64_monarch_init_handler" and
"ia64_slave_init_handler".

Then I push on the "dump" button that generates an INIT interruption to
all the processors. This signal is then caught by PAL, and SAL which
calls (with a reason [register GR11] equal to 2)
"ia64_monarch_init_handler" on the monarch processor and
"ia64_slave_init_handler" on the slave ones (to this point, I hope to be
right, isn't it ?).
What I've noticed using traces (and further an ITP tool) is that for
each processor the "ia64_monarch_init_handler" is ever called. :-(
Could someone tell me if he already has encountered this problem or if
it is an expected behavior ?

For information, I've done the same test with a 16-way Itanium-2 machine
with a SAL 3.1 and the result is exactly the same.

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

			Francois WELLENREITER