Re: milstone reached: ia64 linux builds out of Linus' tree

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-03-30 11:16:50
On Monday 29 March 2004 5:03 pm, Peter Chubb wrote:

> Duraid> And for your next trick... any chance of adding an Intel C
> Duraid> compiler version to the tinderbox?
>
> I'd love this to happen, but I haven't yet been able to build the
> kernel with icc.
>
> If anyone out there has managed it, please document the result ---
> maybe on our Wiki? http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au/IA64wiki/

Yeah, this would be nice.  I received some secret instructions (Intel
apparently doesn't want some of the required compiler flags to be made
public) on how to do this since I promised David I'd cleanup the sn2 asm code
and use the compiler intrinsics, but I accidentally deleted that mail before
I had a chance to do the cleanup...

Thanks,
Jesse