Re: In-Kernel NaT consumption trap when debugging highly-parallel

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-03-25 13:15:46

  Peter> Hi, I'm trying to debug a highly-threaded user-space program,
  Peter> but gdb is triggering NaT consumption faults in the middle of
  Peter> ptrace.

  Peter> Does anyone have any good ideas on what could be going wrong,
  Peter> and how to debug this?

Almost certainly a NULL-pointer dereference in the kernel.  I thought
I had fixed a bug were unw_access_gr() was dereferencing a NULL
nat_addr some weeks ago, when I did the ptrace fixes.  It looks like
that fix perhaps fell through the cracks or I decided no fixing was
needed after all.  What kernel are you running and how easy is it to
reproduce the bug?