Re: Symbios 53C8XX broken on ia64?

From: Matthew Wilcox <willy_at_debian.org>
Date: 2004-03-24 12:50:43
On Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 12:46:28AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> I can't confirm, still fails for me.  I see sym2_init called, but never
> sym2_probe.  This is with an Everest (rx5670).

I just booted on an rx5670 and it works fine.

However, I think I may have an idea ... what do you get in the line
that reports the SAL version?  I wonder if you have prototype firmware
that's reporting a bogus version or revision?  I just debugged a problem
on a prototype that was using SAl 3.2 calls to access PCI config space,
so it looked like there were no PCI devices available.