Question about ia64 linux

From: Raj Pati <rpatil0299_at_hotmail.com>
Date: 2004-03-22 14:00:35
Hello,

A question wrt to ia64 linux environment:

Is it possible to modify a running code (in a module or kernel)
in ia64 linux? (It is not a good practise to do it.
But, I need to check  this out as it was done in ia32.....)

Probably, it is possible. I just wanted to see whether
there are any issues one should be aware of other than
serialization/flushing. There are couple of pages of
documentation regarding self-modifying code in one of
the ia64 software developers manual. I am curious
whether there are any other notes/writeups or sample
code where similar kind of things are done in ia64
linux.  I really appreciate if some one can direct me
to such doc or code (if they exist) which can give
some
more ia64  specific information.

Thank you very much in advance.

Regards,