Re: add lowpower_idle sysctl

From: Todd Poynor <tpoynor_at_mvista.com>
Date: 2004-03-19 09:59:54
Zwane Mwaikambo wrote:

>>Set some system-wide integer via a sysctl and let the particular
>>architecture decide how best to implement the currently-selected idle mode?
>
> I'm wondering whether the setting of these magic numbers can't be done
> using cpufreq infrastructure.

I'd vote for using Patrick Mochel's PM subsystem and use a standard set
of identifiers that are mapped to a platform-specific idle behavior, in
much the same way as platform suspend modes are handled today.  For
example, strings echoed to /sys/power/idle could be an interface.  If
folks are amenable to this I'd be happy to supply a (generic) patch for it.

--
Todd Poynor
MontaVista Software