RE: 2.6.3 compilation problem

From: Liu, Benjamin <benjamin.liu_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-03-12 20:25:03
The linker's error report is kind of misleading in this case, there is no discarded reference from serio_close/serio_init.

To workaround the problem, we can reserve "exit.text" into final vmlinux image, which will enlarge the image size a little bit. I've attached the patch.

Another way is to upgrade binutils package, newer linker will report warning instead of error for this case.

Thanks,
Pingping (Benjamin) Liu
Intel China Software Center