Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-03-11 16:35:41

  David.B> David Mosberger wrote:

  >> The current OHCI relies on the internals of the dma_pool()
  >> implementation.  ...

  David.B> It'd be good if you said _how_ you think it relies on such
  David.B> internals.

  >>  I thought I did.  Suppose somebody changed the dma_pool code
  >> such that it would overwrite freed memory with an
  >> 0xf00000000000000 pattern.

  David.B> Erm, _anything_ the dma_pool code does with freed memory is
  David.B> legal.

Glad to see we agree on that!

  David.B> Anyway, please (a) see if 2.6.4 works for you, and (b)
  David.B> direct any future followups on this thread _only_ to
  David.B> linux-usb-devel.

The patch that's in 2.6.4 definitely looks like a step in the right
direction.  I still have some concerns.  I'll follow up on
linux-usb-devel with more details.

Thanks,