Re: [linux-usb-devel] Re: serious 2.6 bug in USB subsystem?

From: David Brownell <david-b_at_pacbell.net>
Date: 2004-03-10 04:36:53
David Mosberger wrote:
> How about something along the following lines?  The patch is relative
> to 2.6.4-rc1.  What it does is add a new state ED_DESCHEDULED, which
> is treated exactly like ED_IDLE, except that in this state, the HC may
> still be referring to the ED in question.  Thus, if

Sounds exactly like ED_UNLINK -- except maybe that it's not
been put onto ed_rm_list (with ED_DEQUEUE set).

Why add another state?

The parts of this patch that came from the one I sent earlier
are obviously correct (what were your test results for that?),
and there's non-worrisome noise (printks etc).

But some parts worry me.  Like changing that code to BUG()
on a driver behavior that's perfectly reasonable; and removing
some of the PCI posting, which makes it easier for the HC
and its driver to disagree about schedule status.

> The BTC keyboard, however, still does NOT work.  I'm fairly certain
> now that this is indeed a separate problem in the HID.  The reason

That was my original suspicion, you may recall ... :)

- Dave