Re: Fix staircase effect on Altix serial console.

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-03-04 04:19:37
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 11:57:21AM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> The system controller should not change the output in any way.  It's the
> job of the serial console write function (which is used for printk) to

Right, but I think our L2 system controller *does* molest the output
(and the 2.6 console driver relies on this behavior).  I've filed a bug
with our system controller group to make the behavior of the L2 and L1
system controllers consistent (I believe you're using an L1), which I
think is the proper fix.

Thanks,
Jesse