Re: Fix staircase effect on Altix serial console.

From: Robin Holt <holt_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-03-04 02:11:18
On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:20:46PM +0100, Andreas Schwab wrote:
> Robin Holt <holt@sgi.com> writes:
>
> > Are you connected via usb or a DB-9 serial connector?
>
> DB-9, I think.

The last time I connected to the DB-9 on the back of an Altix,
I was using minicom (I think) and just changed it so it
would interpret LF as CRLF.  I seem to remember something
like LF <--> CRLF on the line.  Don't remember if that was
exactly what it looked like.

Is this something that should really be done by the terminal
and not the serial driver?  I don't have any objections
either way, but I would guess we would want to stay as
close to whatever x86 linux is doing.  I plead ignorance at
this point.

Robin