Re: 2.6.3 oops ia64 Itanium1 with Silicon Image IDE

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-02-28 16:20:26

  Darren> Hi David So with the correct changes the patch below boots
  Darren> with the 32bit pci silicon image ide controller and 4GB of
  Darren> ram on Itanium 1.

OK, I made this change now.  I tried to reproduce it on one of our
machines, but it turns out that none of them have both memory above
4GB and IDE disks (CD-ROMs don't trigger the BUG_ON).  This also
explains why we haven't seen any problems on our Tiger: even though it
has no hardware I/O MMU and memory above 4GB, it has only an IDE
CD-ROM, not an IDE harddisk.

Thanks,