Re: HUGEPAGE SIZE a boottime option

From: Jack Steiner <steiner_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-02-23 10:08:21
On Thu, Feb 19, 2004 at 08:00:04PM -0800, Chen, Kenneth W wrote:
> It is not functionally complete though.  alloc_fresh_huge_page(), hugetlb_free_pgtables(), and update_and_free_page has #define constant that indirectly from HPAGE_SHIFT.
>
> You might checked already, text replication works in this case?

(I posted this earlier. However, our mail server has been messed up & I dont think
the mail got thru. Excuse the duplicate if the other mail ever makes it....)

The patch passes preliminary testing.

I dont see any issues with #define constants indirectly using HPAGE_SHIFT. HPAGE_SHIFT
is now defined as:
        #define HPAGE_SHIFT hpage_shift
and
        extern int hpage_shift;
        int hpage_shift=HPAGE_SHIFT_DEFAULT;

Indirect references should work ok.

> I have more comments, will post later ...
>
> - Ken

Thanks

Jack Steiner (steiner@sgi.com)          651-683-5302
Principal Engineer                      SGI - Silicon Graphics, Inc.