RE: HUGEPAGE SIZE a boottime option

From: Seth, Rohit <rohit.seth_at_intel.com>
Date: 2004-02-21 06:36:38
Recently there have been couple of feature extensions requests for
hugetlb support.  Boot time option is one of them.  Run-time
modification of HUGE_PAGE_SIZE is another one.

Ken is currently in the process of providing the support for boot time
configuration for huge page size.  As long as there are only two
supported page sizes (PAGE_SIZE and HPAGE_SIZE), it is possible to
achieve the boot time configuration of HUGE_PAGE_SIZE without needing to
patch the kernel (and possibly better packing the vhpt fault handler
code).  We will ship the patch out to the list.

Thanks, rohit