Re: bk pull on ia64 linux tree

From: Andrew Morton <akpm_at_osdl.org>
Date: 2004-02-14 09:44:04
David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote:

> please do a
>
> 	bk pull http://lia64.bkbits.net/to-linus-2.5

Are these urgent-for-2.6.3 things?

We seem to be converging on a model wherein a new kernel comes out,
everyone pummels Linus with patches for a week, then we have a week of
strict stabilisation and then it repeats.  During the stabilisation week,
everyone is stabilising their next pummeling in external trees.  I think
it's good, and is working well.

This pull request of yours is outside the model ;)

But the model tends to mainly apply to x86: people are used to other
architectures needing additional touchups to work properly.  But it
would be nice if we could fix that up.