Re: Limit hash table size

From: Jes Sorensen <jes_at_wildopensource.com>
Date: 2004-02-10 10:12:13

Andrew> "Chen, Kenneth W" <kenneth.w.chen@intel.com> wrote:
>>  Andrew,
>>
>> Will you merge the changes in the network area first while I'm
>> working on the solution suggested here for inode and dentry? The
>> 2GB tcp hash is the biggest problem for us right now.

Andrew> Is there some reason why TCP could not also end up creating
Andrew> 100's of millions of objects?

Andrew,

I think the likelihood that TCP will generate that is quite small,
it would require a fairly significant number of network interfaces and
I doubt people with 1TB RAM boxes will throw in 256 10GigE interfaces
and run them all flat out.

Cheers,
Jes