Re: gcc problems

From: Ian Wienand <ianw_at_gelato.unsw.edu.au>
Date: 2004-02-06 19:37:41
On Fri, Feb 06, 2004 at 12:00:58AM -0800, Andrew Morton wrote:
> gcc-3.3.2/ia64 is falling over here with my current tree so I'm trying to
> build gcc-3.4 from current gcc CVS.

That probably shouldn't be happening... It's what we use all the time.
I assume gcc is segfaulting?

> Is there some trick to this?  And what is the preferred gcc version for
> ia64 kernels?

Well I don't know exactly about that CVS gcc problem, but something
that may be useful if you use Debian is that there is a little known
'gcc-snapshot' package that is usually quite up to date and saves you
having to build yourself.  See the README.Debian for a sample wrapper.

-i