Re: [RFC/PATCH, 1/4] readX_check() performance evaluation

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2004-01-29 06:24:05

  >> I find this comment interesting.  Can you elaborate what you mean by
  >> "slightly buggy systems"?

  Andi> e.g. one bit ECC errors in memory are quite common.  And with
  Andi> ECC memory they are not really fatal.

Yet they are a good indicator that something is wrong (not performing
properly) or may be failing soon.  I don't think putting on blinders
for such problems is a good idea.  Though I agree that the question of
how to report such things without needlessly alerting Joe Clueless is
an interesting challenge.