Re: [RFC/PATCH, 2/4] readX_check() performance evaluation

From: Russell King <rmk+lkml_at_arm.linux.org.uk>
Date: 2004-01-28 19:58:25
On Tue, Jan 27, 2004 at 06:55:17PM -0800, Linus Torvalds wrote:
> Does anybody see any downsides to something like this?

What if the failing PCI access happened in an interrupt routine?
(I'm thinking of the situation where you may need to read the PCI
status registers to find out whether an error occurred.)

Also, for that matter, what if a network device receives an abort
while performing BM-DMA?

Do we even care about either of these two scenarios?

--
Russell King
 maintainer of:  2.6 PCMCIA      - http://pcmcia.arm.linux.org.uk/