Re: Yet another MCA handler

From: Russ Anderson <rja_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2004-01-15 10:32:01
Zoltan Menyhart wrote:

> I was to write the code for the recovery for poisoned memory, too,
> but I've got no way to provoke this kind of error
> ( I do not really know what it like is :-) )

If you get that far, take the Intel Itanium 2 Processor
Specification Update (December 2003) errata 78 into account

78. L2 cache line with poison data results in unexpected fatal MCA

http://www.intel.com/design/itanium2/specupdt/251141.htm

--
Russ Anderson, OS RAS/Partitioning Project Lead
SGI - Silicon Graphics Inc          rja@sgi.com