Re: GL-related crash w/ X 4.3 & kernel 2.6

From: Matthew Wilcox <willy_at_debian.org>
Date: 2003-12-30 09:34:41
On Mon, Dec 29, 2003 at 01:40:12PM -0800, David Mosberger wrote:
> I just tried DRI with a radeon 7000 again and am still getting the
> same old error message when inserting the radeon kernel module:
>
> [drm] Initialized radeon 1.9.0 20020828 on minor 0
> [drm:radeon_cp_init] *ERROR* radeon_cp_init called without lock held
> [drm:radeon_unlock] *ERROR* Process 968 using kernel context 0
>
> This is the same error message I saw on an x86 machine with a radeon
> chip.  I don't think AGP is available after this error message, so
> something must be different in your setup.  Can you confirm that you
> didn't get the same kind of drm error when loading radeon.ko?

I have it built-in rather than modular, but yes, I get:

Linux agpgart interface v0.100 (c) Dave Jones
agpgart: HP ZX1 IOC: IOPDIR shared with sba_iommu
agpgart: Maximum main memory to use for agp memory: 3861M
agpgart: AGP aperture is 512M @ 0x60000000
agpgart: Detected HP ZX1 HWP0003 AGP chipset (ioc=fed01000, lba=fed20000)
[drm] Initialized radeon 1.9.0 20020828 on minor 0
Serial: 8250/16550 driver $Revision: 1.90 $ 4 ports, IRQ sharing enabled

Though while I'm looking at dmesg, I also see:

agpgart: Putting AGP V2 device at 0000:00:00.0 into 1x mode

I should look into that.