Re: [RFE] Add stacked registers to SAL records (resend)

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-12-09 05:41:32
On Thursday 04 December 2003 5:59 pm, Keith Owens wrote:
> SAL error records contain most registers in sal_processor_static_info,
> but not the stacked registers.  What is the process for adding another
> GUID to the SAL specification to contain the stacked registers?

One of our architecture guys pointed out that the stacked registers
should still be intact at the OS_MCA and OS_INIT handoffs.  They
are unchanged in the PALE_CHECK and PALE_INIT exit state (I finally
found this buried in the RSE description), and the OS_MCA and OS_INIT
handoff state is defined to be the same for stacked registers.

So I assume your proposal is to address the fact that we don't
actually save the error records until after a reboot, and the
stacked register contents are gone by then.  Right?

Bjorn