Re: [RFE] Add stacked registers to SAL records (resend)

From: Bjorn Helgaas <bjorn.helgaas_at_hp.com>
Date: 2003-12-06 03:28:30
On Thursday 04 December 2003 5:59 pm, Keith Owens wrote:
> SAL error records contain most registers in sal_processor_static_info,
> but not the stacked registers.  What is the process for adding another
> GUID to the SAL specification to contain the stacked registers?

I've always been puzzled about why the stacked registers aren't
available after an INIT, so this proposal sounds incredibly useful
to me.  Much of the useful information, i.e., function arguments,
is in the stacked registers and hence currently unavailable.

As for getting it added to the spec, I don't really know the process.
But I'll forward this to our people who deal with the spec.  I think
it would help to have an actual draft of a proposal.

Tony Luck might have a good Intel contact, too.

Bjorn