Re: Missing code in bootmem.c for discontigmem

From: Jesse Barnes <jbarnes_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-12-02 06:25:20
On Mon, Dec 01, 2003 at 09:22:12AM -0800, Jesse Barnes wrote:
> Yeah, sorry about that, I knew there would be a problem.  We need to fix
> the ia64 discontig code to init the boot memory in the correct order
> instead since the below change breaks other discontig platforms.

It looks like we should break out the second half of
discontig.c:find_pernode_space() into a second function that inits the
bootmaps in reverse order.  As an added bonus, we could check to make
sure that all of the pernode spaces actually got allocated and print a
warning and/or disable the node if not.  That would make debugging weird
init time failures a bit easier (I think Alex ran into a problem that
would have been quickly solved if we had such checks).  Wanna take a
stab at it?

Thanks,
Jesse