Re: Unwind bug on out of line code called from leaf functions

From: Keith Owens <kaos_at_sgi.com>
Date: 2003-11-27 12:12:56
On Wed, 26 Nov 2003 16:32:00 -0800,
David Mosberger <davidm@napali.hpl.hp.com> wrote:
>  Keith> We need a generic fix for unwinding through out of line code
>  Keith> called from leaf functions and not using br.call.  The
>  Keith> obvious solution is to flag all out of line code with an
>  Keith> unwind abi field and have the common unwind code reset
>  Keith> ar.pfs.  Can I use .unwabi 3, 'o' for out of line?
>
>The .unwabi directive isn't appropriate for that.  If you want such a
>feature, please push it through the ABI committee to get it officially
>supported.  I've said that before, I think.

I disagree, unwabi is exactly what we need for this.  The out of line
code is peculiar to Linux, and uses the Linux pt_regs to get the real
ar.pfs.  .unwabi 3,i indicates a Linux interrupt frame with all state
in pt_regs, .unwabi 3,o indicates a Linux out of line frame with
pt_regs.ar_pfs containing the real ar.pfs.  If unwabi 3,i is valid then
so is unwabi 3,o.