Re: anyone want to volunteer as 2.6 maintainer?

From: David Mosberger <davidm_at_napali.hpl.hp.com>
Date: 2003-11-19 09:39:22
OK, it's been a good week now and about half a dozen
volunteers/nominations have come forward, so it's time to make a
choice.

To be honest, everybody who expressed interest in being the ia64 2.6
maintainer easily qualified and would have had my vote of confidence,
but since there can be only one, I decided to ask Tony Luck to take on
the responsibility.  Tony is of course well-known on this list and
needs no introduction, but my hope is that his deep knowledge of ia64
Linux and professionalism should ensure that the 2.6 kernel will have
a good live under his stewardship.

In terms of actual transition, I expect for the hand-over to occur
just about the same time that 2.7 opens up.

In the meantime, please welcome Tony in his new role!